A California Shooting is leaving multiple dead. The health center that was attacked is for disabled people and fire officials and police are at the scene. The shooters are not in custody and FBI, SWAT, and local police are on the search. Reports say that they might be wearing body armor and could be up to three potential shooters.
SWAT team was in training when the shooting took place. Lieutenant Richard Lawhead told KTLA, They were already suited up and “ready to roll,” allowing for a rapid response time.
Inland Regional Center is a nonprofit organization that works with people who have developmental disabilities. They employ almost 670 staff members and provide over 30,200 people and families in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. For a live update click here.
What we know with this latest California Shooting
- Shooting began shortly after 11:00 local time (19:00 GMT)
- Police are saying there are one to three shooters and still considered an active shooter investigation.
- There are confirmed fatalities but still waiting to hear how many. They are saying as many as 20 casualties.
- Federal officials are working with local law enforcement at the scene
- The shooting took place at a health center for people with developmental disabilities
We want to send out our thoughts and prayers to California and to our fellow first responders. Stay safe!